How to boost testosterone naturally- Foods to boost Low T
How to increase testosterone levels is the most searched topics among the male community as this particular hormone serves the most important bodily functions in the males. Considering the physical and mental wellness, everything is highly dependent on this hormone. Your testosterone performs important functions like controlling our mood swings, keeping our muscle mass, promoting good sleep, enhancing our libido and hence providing a better well-being.
Have you ever been to a situation where you wake up in the morning and found yourself lethargic, less motivated? Your belly has grown over your belt and your sex drive has decreased up to a point it started affecting your personal life. If you ever have found yourself in this situation, then you might have been suffering from low T. This means your testosterone levels have declined and your overall well-being has been affected.
According to a study published in book “Keep it up by Florence Comite, MD” by Endocrinologist Florence Comite has discussed the decline in the testosterone levels. It has also been researched that after an age of 30, your testosterone levels starts to drop down in each coming year. You need not to adapt yourself to this situation and should work on restoring your depleted levels. If you wish to feel energized, motivated again and wish to end your struggle due to the declined T-levels, then you are in right place. Let us tell you the effective and proven ways on how to increase testosterone naturally.
Stress contributes to the main factor in decreasing our Testosterone levels
You might not know that increased stress can contribute to serious health issues. Among which, low T is also a result of increased stress. The stress is further related to the cortisol hormone. When a person is undergoing stress, the cortisol levels begin to elevate which in turn is associated with our T-levels. The testosterone hormone varies indirectly with our cortisol hormones, if the cortisol hormone begins to elevate, there are clear chances of declining our testosterone levels. Referring to a study published in the journal Hormones and Behavior, it has clearly been shown increased stress levels can inhibit our T levels causing further infertility and loss in our libido. Working on reducing the stress can contribute to increased testosterone levels.
High-Intensity Workouts can help in increasing testosterone
The modern world has shown and come up with many new techniques of training. Among this training is HIIT (High-Intensity Interval Training) which has shown to improve testosterone levels. It has been researched that several multi-joint movements have an advantage over traditional movements. Exercise like squats, deadlifts; involves multi-joint movements and are seen to show greater stimulation of testosterone.
Eating Healthy can help you boost your testosterone naturally
- High cholesterol:
You might probably know now that the testosterone is the major male hormone but do you also known to a fact that cholesterol and testosterone are related to each other and share the same chemical structure. Cholesterol provides the raw material for the formation of testosterone.
According to study in 2007 by Steven Reichman and his team, it has been studied that intake of dietary cholesterol helps in gaining lean muscle mass and this gain in lean muscle mass is resulted by the increase in testosterone levels. The study included subjects who were made to eat dietary cholesterol per Kg lean mass daily. Among the group, few individuals were put on 14 mg/kg per day experienced 52% increase in their strength as compared with 7mg/kg a day who only experienced 21% increase in their strength.
- Healthy fats:
Consuming fat is considered to have negative effects but breaking the point, eating healthy and right fats can improve your overall health. Also, it is a combination of right amounts of fat combined with the type of fat as stated by Don Gauvreau, the co-founder of Pharma Freak is what matters to improve your baseline testosterone. Concluding this, Saturated Fats (SFA`s) and Mono Saturated Fats (MUFA`s) helps in increasing your testosterone levels and Poly Saturated Fats(PUFA`s) decreases your testosterone levels.
The Journal of Applied Physiology has also found out that, 40% of your diet should contain foods having quality saturated and monosaturated fats in order to maintain optimum testosterone levels. These fats can come from both vegetables and Animal sources.
|Quality Saturated Fats||Quality MonoSaturated Fats|
Coconut Oil, Dark Chocolates, Raw Cheese
Olive Oil, Almonds, Avocados, Peanut Butter, hazelnuts
Red Meat, Egg Yolks
- Consuming diet having Zinc and vitamin D:
The mineral Zinc and the Vitamin D are essential for the production of testosterone. According to a survey made by National Health and Nutrition Examination, 25% of adults have found to have lower levels of zinc intake than advised. Zinc has a very important role in the production of serum which further helps in transportation of testosterone. Also, it has been examined that individual with a higher amount of Vitamin D has greater levels of free testosterone compared to an individual with a lesser amount of vitamin D.
Our diet is the best source of zinc and Vitamin D, you can include milk, yogurt, cheese and beans to make up the decreases levels of zinc and for vitamin D, nothing is best than a sunny day. Expose yourself to sunlight to enable your body to absorb vitamin D. However you can also consider adding Zinc and Vitamin D in the form of supplements. It is advised you to not go beyond 40 mg a day and for vitamin D, restrict to 2000 i.u.
Note: Going beyond these values can interfere with your daily absorption of other nutrients into the body. Hence, we advise you to consult a doctor in this case.
Consuming the right supplements to boost testosterone
Testosterone plays a very vital role in keeping both your reproduction system and physical fitness in a sound state. There is no point considering a life where you can`t enjoy a good sex drive and feeling not fit.
- BCAA`s: Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAA) plays an important role in improving your overall well-being. BCAA`s helps in keeping your body in anabolic stage by secreting Luteinizing Hormone in the brain which further promotes secretion of testosterone and protein synthesis.
- Fenugreek Extract: Fenugreek Extract has shown to improve your T-Levels by making available the free testosterone due to its saponin content. Consider adding supplements containing fenugreek extract to your daily lifestyle to make up the lost T-levels.
- Tribulus Terrestris: Tribulus Terrestris works greatly on increasing T levels by increasing the LH (Luteinizing Hormone) and the Saponin content. It has shown that it has dealt greatly in improving both the fatigue and lost libido.
- Stinging Nettle: Stinging Nettle is considered as the safest way to increase T-levels and is most popular among the bodybuilder community. This T enhancer consists of a lignin which helps in promotion of free testosterone to be used rapidly for different purposes by the body.
- Ginseng: Ginseng is a herb known for its numerous benefits including erectile health and as a nitric oxide precursor. It has been studied that nitric oxide allows the blood to move freely and then further helps in erections. A proper erection is induced with more testosterone in the testicles and having more testosterone means a good sex drive.
Adequate Sleep to fuel up low testosterone levels
A good sleep can enhance your testosterone levels by 120%. It can be calculated that every extra hour you sleep, your testosterone level raise by 15%. Our bodies are made to produce more testosterone when we are sleeping but this is totally dependent on the way how we sleep. Taking this into consideration, let us discuss some points to improve our quality sleep.
- Keep your bedroom color dark and its temperature a bit cooler. It gives you a sense that you are sleeping in a natural habitat.
- If possible, sleep in loose clothes or naked as it will keep your testicles temperature low as compared to your base body temperature which is why our testicles are hanging outside the body. This will enable an optimal testosterone production.
- Exercising daily can promote a good sleep.
- Switch off all your electromagnetic frequencies from your mobile and other devices to promote a better sleep.
- Supplements like Melatonin and ZMA can be used to promote a better sleep.
A better future can be achieved with a careful present so adapt a healthy and a better lifestyle. Take appropriate steps to keep yourself fit and healthy. Nothing is more precious than a sound health. We believe our discussed study will help you fulfill your desired research.
- Comite, F. (n.d.). Keep it up: The power of precision medicine to conquer low T and revitalize your life.
- Wallen, K. (Ed.). (n.d.). Hormones and Behavior.
- Reichman, S. (2007). Research Update: Eating More Cholesterol Makes Muscles Stronger.
- 7 Smart Ways To Boost Your Testosterone. (2015). Retrieved May 08, 2016, from http://www.bodybuilding.com/
- 9 Ways to Naturally Increase Testosterone Levels. (n.d.). Retrieved May 08, 2016, from http://fitness.mercola.com/
- 5 Best Testosterone-Boosting Ingredients. (n.d.). Retrieved May 08, 2016, from http://www.muscleandfitness.com/
- Panax Ginseng and its Testosterone and Nitric Oxide Boosting Benefits. (2014). Retrieved May 08, 2016, from http://www.anabolicmen.com/